Our Terms and Conditions
Diana Yorkies – Holiday-and Daycare
Terms and conditions
- In the interest of all pets, no booking will be accepted or pets admitted for boarding unless they are vaccinated according to current veterinary and our own requirements and documentary proof being first presented.
- Vaccination against kennel cough and rabies are mandatory and should have been administered at least 14 days prior to arrival.
- Every pet should be dewormed at least 14 to 21 days prior to arrival, and be completed on the vaccination booklet.
- Vaccination and deworming records have to be presented on every booking.
- No pet will be allowed on the premises if they have been at a vet or parlour on the same day of arrival. The reason for this is to keep our environment safe for our visitors, since a lot of germs and illnesses originate at these locations.
- Payment is due on arrival. A deposit is required upon making your booking. All payments under R500 should be paid in cash.
- Pets arriving with ticks or fleas will be given parasite control at owner’s expense which will be R130 per pet.
- Dogs should be bathed 24 hours before arrival. No dirty pets will be accepted. Some advice on December would be to groom your dog, since it is extremely hot.
- Any pet that stays longer than 14 days, can be bathed by us at extra cost that will be discussed with the owner. This must be requested by the owner.
- Fees are charged inclusive of days of arrival and departure.
- Please do not bring any beds or toys. Only bring your pet’s favourite food, jacket and if the pet has a collar with a name tag (collar with name tag not compulsory. Only these items will be accepted.
- If your pet should become ill we will take your pet to a veterinarian. This is for the pet owner's expense. You will be contacted before any steps are taken. If we should administer any medication eg: Protexin, flagyl, ointments etc, supplied by us, the owner will be liable and charged for separately. You will be contacted before we use anything, so that you can decide if we should take your pet to a veterinarian or treat the pet ourselves. This is payable before the pet goes home.
- It is the owner's responsibility to discuss any medication or issues with us.
- Should your pet require special medication for illness and ailments we will gladly administer according to your vets instructions.
- Should your pet require medical attention for whatever reason, vet fees will be for the owner’s expense.
- We do not keep pets in cages, but if a problem should arise with a specific dog, we will ensure the safety of the other dogs by putting this animal in a cage.
- Specific play times are held with the dogs.
- Food will be supplied by the pet owner. We DO NOT use Royal Canine anymore. If you should drop off your pet without food, we will buy the food the pet is used to at the owner’s expense. This is payable before the pet go home.
- Girls going on heat will be issued with a reusable panty. Costs are for the owner’s expense and will have to be paid on the departure date. An extra R500 will also be charged for girls going on heat.
- DianaYorkies gives the greatest possible care and attention to all animals entrusted to it, but neither it, nor its staff can accept liability for any loss suffered by an owner or by any other person as the result of an injury to, or death, escape, destruction or illness of any animal, or for damage of any kind occurring during or subsequent to the animal’s stay.
- We will take care of your yorkie like our own. He/she, will be in a safe, loving environment.
- We will supply safe toys and blankets for all the pets. We do keep these clean at all times.
- We DO NOT take responsibility for the following:
- If your yorkie should become ill, but we will do our utmost best to prevent this and contact you if necessary
- We cannot take responsibility for weight loss or gain, but will make sure they eat at all times
- Fires, theft, poisoning
- All dogs that arrive, should be clipped onto a leash or be in a carrier bag.
- In case a yorkie should pass away inexplicable, a post mortum can be done at the owner’s expense.
- We only take responsibility for negligence regarding the dog in an environment that is safe and full of love.
- Business hours STRICTLY:
NO pet will be accepted before 7am during weekdays (except day-care) and no pet will be allowed to leave the premises after 18h00. You will have to book another day
Legal aspects regarding Puppies:
I am a registered KUSA member. Pups will already have received their second deworming and first inoculation at 6 weeks.
Puppies will only go to their new homes at 8 weeks.
If the new owner of a pup wish to register their yorkie, he/she is responsible to have the pup micro-chipped, where after he/she must provide the microchip certificate to me. Your puppy cannot be registered with KUSA without it.