Typically, all of the milk teeth will be have come in by the 5 to 6 week mark. So, most owners of new 8-week-old puppies will see that all 28 milk teeth are present.
Change over from Milk Teeth to Adult Teeth
It is important to note that regular dental care is important; Decay, plaque and tarter buildup can affect proper alignment and health of the permanent teeth.
Help with Teething Issues
- Safe-Proof your home so that you Yorkie puppy does not chew on anything dangerous
- Contain your puppy if he is running amok
- Provide teething relief to help with the itching and the discomfort
Safe-Proofing the House
- Make sure that all electrical cords out of reach. For those that cannot be moved, use cord-concealer.
- Keep all shoes out of reach - a puppy can chew on and choke on shoe laces.
- Never underestimate a teething puppy. Everything is up for grabs. Therefore, take shoes, pocketbooks, small throw rugs, remote controls, computer wires, anything that can be picked up, and moved and place them up high, out of reach. Routinely check for small objects on the floors.
How to Contain a Teething Puppy
Providing Relief & Choosing Great Teething Toys
Teething Toy Tips
Teething on Your Hand Vs Toys
When a Puppy is Teething He May:
- Bite you
- Nip at your heels when you try to leave
- Lick or chew themselves to the point of obsession
- Bark like crazy if they do not get their way
- And many more odd behaviors!